2008年6月11日星期三

Is there any point in going green?

I really like what Captain Crunch says:

I'm well aware that in the grand scheme of things, all of this is unlikely to make a jot of difference on its own. But it's all about how I feel about myself - what kind of person would I be if I simply gave up and immersed myself in the kind of complacent profligacy that surrounds us all? Sorry if it sounds a bit pat, but I would much rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.

In addition, if I can demonstrate to my friends and neighbours that it's possible to live a sustainable life without being forced to wear any kind of hairshirt, then they're more likely to follow my example. They might save a few quid as well, and that's going to become ever more important.

1 則留言:

Daphne's Mom 說...

“不求做社會的棟樑,只求不做社會的寄生蟲“這是一個家長在座談會上的發言。是否有異曲同工之妙?