2007年11月19日星期一

What's Happening to Our Teddy Bear?


"Six out of eight bear species are threatened with extinction."

I read this news and thought, how ironic. Our beloved teddy bear, the friend that a lot of children would not go to bed without, in real life, is facing such a dim outlook. Luckily or unluckily, the children are already so disconnected from nature -- I wonder how many of them have touched a tree, a dog etc. -- that they would probably not feel a thing even if all bears disappear one day...

Find out more at The Guardian.

3 則留言:

阿貓 說...

When I see this picture, I feel sympathy rising in me. It's like the bear is feeling. Child-like curiorsity. Un-certainty. Qualities that I have not noticed in this species before.

Daphne's Mom 說...

that's sad to know and it's even more sad to hear that kids these days could never see a real bear!

My gal just love hearing all the bear stories!

阿貓 說...

I sincerely hope that your daughter will be able to maintain that contact with nature. It seems that everyone is born with it but he/ she loses it growing up.